Visualize Milwaukee

My goal is to help Visualize Milwaukee. In particular, I want to keep a pulse on some of the commercial and residential real estate in the area. I have a slant towards revitalizing underutilized properties and areas within the city of Milwaukee. Welcome to Visualize Milwaukee! Let me know what you think, or if there are any areas you want me to cover.

Name:
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States

I am software engineer by trade and enjoy real estate development as way to improve our community and always see something new each day.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Starting Out - Condos on the Beach

Here we go. As the title says, my goal is to help Visualize Milwaukee. In particular, I want to keep a pulse on some of the commercial and residential real estate in the area.


Where should I start? How about this:
St. Francis. Who knew it was even here? Milwaukee is still in Condo-mania. But, how about a 2000+ square foot townhouse on Lake Michigan only 6 minutes from downtown. That is what I found in St. Francis when I stopped by the Park Shore development at Howell Avenue and Lake Drive. A great mix of entry level condo's to high-end townhouses. I found that 2000' townhouse for about $300,000: http://realtor.com/Prop/1066147716.com/Prop/1066147716 .


Its not downtown, but I felt like I entered a vacation resort! Close (right off 794), beach, views, clubhouse, and right on the south shore bike path.


Welcome to Visualize Milwaukee! Let me know what you think, or if there are any areas you want me to cover.

1 Comments:

Blogger mjonthemove said...

I have an issue I'd like to propose for you to cover. The state of Milwaukee.

I grew up in Milwaukee, moved away for 8 years, and returned last July from Seattle. From Seattle, I had heard that there were many improvements taking place in Milwaukee. I was excited that Milwaukee was once again beginning to improve. I became very excited when I visualized a Milwaukee that embraces it's diversity instead of the prejudice from both sides that I continually see as an urban educator. I became excited about a Milwaukee that would capitalize on some of it's assets, such as proximity to the lake, availability of property close to downtown, affordable cost of living, or interesting ethnic european neighborhoods of the past.

I'm having trouble visualizing. I can't tell whether Milwaukee is improving or decaying. Sure, real estate and condo development is occurring, but condos don't create a culture or a neighborhood in my opinion. Where is the progressive atmosphere that is needed to take Milwaukee forward? Where is the aggressive response to violence that will make Milwaukee safe? Why am I having trouble finding Milwaukeeans who are extremely proud of Milwaukee?

This isn't meant to be a hyper-critical e-mail. It's just that my wife isn't from here, and she's not that excited right now. And where the wife goes, this husband must follow. So, what is the state of Milwaukee?

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home