Visualize Milwaukee

My goal is to help Visualize Milwaukee. In particular, I want to keep a pulse on some of the commercial and residential real estate in the area. I have a slant towards revitalizing underutilized properties and areas within the city of Milwaukee. Welcome to Visualize Milwaukee! Let me know what you think, or if there are any areas you want me to cover.

Name:
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States

I am software engineer by trade and enjoy real estate development as way to improve our community and always see something new each day.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Airport: Layton and Howell

I saw another commercial building for sale along Howell Ave. A few months back I considered a small strip mall on the corner of Layton and Howell. I was told that intersection sees more traffic than any other in Milwaukee (or Wisconsin, I don’t remember for sure). I didn’t act on it because it was back set from the street and visibility was obstructed by another business. But this one that just I just saw is right on Howell, plain as day to see as you drive past. Per the city of Milwaukee, this building has just over 3000 sq. feet of space. It was purchased in 2005 for $225k. It is zoned LB2, and has a pantry operating in it now, which I think is for sale with the building. Do I want to own a Panty? Not particularly. But, if the business is making money, it may be a profitable way into a piece of real estate on one of the busiest streets in town. Of course, there is always more than one way to skin a cat! Maybe I could find someone else who’s looking to own a pantry – that could even turn a quick profit on the sale! Or, put in an offer for the property only, asking the owners to keep a lease for a few years. It would take more homework to determine the real value, but given the location, it’s worth looking at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home